Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dreaming of summer.

It's been so cold here lately in New England, I wanted to look back on a date night I had with the boy this summer to remind me that winter isn't forever.

We decided to walk down the street to Riff's, an amazing restaurant in a renovated factory called Eastworks in our neighborhood.





Our drinks. (I forgot to take pictures of our food).





I swear he was happy to be out with me, he might have been sick of be taking his picture.





Our food was fantastic. I got my usual goat cheese and avocado quesadilla and the boy got a "hangover" burger. I'm not sure what's in it but it's pretty amazing.

After eating we decided to explore the building a bit because, well, we're nosy. This is the first floor hallway. I didn't get a picture of it but there is a spaceman bear sculpture hanging from the ceiling near another restaurant called Apollo (also amazing food).




We then wandered upstairs where there are a lot of art galleries. This one was my favorite.





Their door.






Another picture of their door.





The inside. There are paintings pretty much everywhere, they've been open for ten years and they have the easiest pricing system ever. The small paintings are $11.11 the next size is $22.22 and it goes up from there. I now have two of the painting I fell in love with that night (the boy got them for me Christmas).





Me climbing on a cart and trying to convince the boy that it was a good idea to push me down the hall. I failed to convince him. Even after offering to push him after.




Oh well. I probably would have fallen off it if I had convinced him. So it's for the best. Now back to winter.


k.girl

No comments:

Post a Comment